The Pender Harbour Volunteer Fire Department was established on May 15 of 1967 with the formation of the Pender Harbour Fire Protection District. With this the Pender Harbour Fire Brigade that had formed in 1959 turned over it’s assets which included a fire boat named “Texada Queen” and a fire truck that had been purchased from Sechelt in 1964.
The Pender Harbour Volunteer Fire Department has grown from those early days. With two fire halls, five apparatus and up to fifty volunteer firefighters coverage is provided for fire,rescue, motor vehicle incidents and medical assistance.
The Fire Department maintains two fully equipped fire halls, Hall 1 in Madeira Park and Hall 2 in Garden Bay.
Hall #1 Madeira Park
Hall#2 Garden Bay